Sunday 24 May 2015

Bookstand #2

Finally getting over that reading slump!
Slowly, but it's happening :)

I've decided to pick up a few books that are a little different to my more recent reads :)

Recent Finishes



This was great!
It's a fantasy based with a little magic in it.
The options for this have been picked and it's going to be a movie. And I hope it's as good as the book was.
It was quite different in a few ways.
The main character is self described as being plain, instead of being a devastating beauty, as is pretty commonplace in fantasy.
The plotline does not revolve around a romance, but upon a girl learning to be queen, and fighting for her life.
There's magic as well.

Argh, it was so good.
Pick this up!


Currently Reading





This is going to take me a while to read. 
I really do love this series, but it is very long.
The ebook is over 1000 pages, and I'm still in a bit of a slump.
But that's fine.
I usually read 2-3 books at the same time anyway.

But yes, this series is awesome. This is the second book, so I can't really talk about it without giving away spoilers.
But it's a fantasy series about a guy, who has done stuff, and seen things.  :p



So I got this ARC this week.
I'd requested it through the Reading Room, and Allen and Unwin picked me to get a copy.
This is a drama type fiction, something very different to my normal types of fiction.
It's set in Australia, in a halfway house/prison.
The book switches between two characters' points of view.
One, the wife of a famous actor who has been convicted, though at the point of the book I'm in there is no mention of what the conviction actually is, though it eludes to her husbands death.
And the second is a girl convicted of assault who has a developmental disability/intellectual disability.
The big secret hasn't yet been revealed, but these two characters are linked in more ways than just being in the same prison.

1 comment: