Friday 24 April 2015

New finish - Birthday Present #1

Number 1?
Yes, I have 2 birthday presents to stitch at the moment!

This one is a late birthday present for my younger sister.
She's super into tattoo's (not my influence I swear!) and nautical themed everything, so this pattern from Plastic Little Covers on Etsy was perfect!



So next came picking a fabric. 
Colour Cascades is my go to, Australian based dyer, so I can get them pretty quickly.
Tammy did me a huge favour by adding it to the next dye lot so I could get it a little quicker.
My sister's birthday is the 11th, so I knew it wouldn't be done in time, but I wanted to get it done as quick as I could, as the next present I'm stitching is for the 9th of May.

So I grabbed a few pictures of Tammy's fabrics and did a few overlays.
Clouds

Black Holed Sun

Candy

She liked clouds the best, so I ordered it in a 16 count Opal, because sparkles!

I kind of dropped the ball on taking in progress pictures, so here's the finish!





For the frame I got a Kasiercraft wooden 10 inch square frame from Spotlight. 
I painted it a lightened Teal, and stuck some little embellishments on it.
It was a little hard to glue the frame together, because I seem to have misplaced my packet of low temp glue gun refills....
But these are just some quick photos taken with my phone.









1 comment:

  1. It looks great!! Etsy is always my favorite place if I have something specific I am looking for :)

    ReplyDelete